"By providing an easy-to-use, engaging consumer experience that's coupled with automated device control, utilities can help their customers play a far more active role in managing energy use, which will contribute to generation and distribution efficiencies."
Click to enlarge
The device can also help users calculate electricity costs and track billing information, and can program automatic shut-down of devices that are not being used. Wi Fi support means that users can also use the EC-100 to check weather and traffic reports, view digital photos, listen to podcasts and more.
· OPEN HAN EMS compatible
· Color TFT graphic 4.7" LCD display - 480 x 272 pixels
· Touch screen
· ZigBee SE support
· ZigBee HA support
· WIFI 802.11b/g
· Audio and visual emergency alerts or reminders
· Electro-piezo buzzer for alerts (user selectable tones)
· AC wall power supply
· Back up battery operation for 6-8 hrs
· Supports USB 2.0 memory and bridge devices
· Adaptable base allows for future HAN communications
· Remote Firmware updates