|The USB-C Car Charger + Cable comes with a sturdy 1.2 metre cable, which Belkin states "reaches from the power source to passenger seats and hidden power outlets, making it easier to plug in and charge any time".|
Belkin states the USB-C Car Charger + Cable supports faster or higher power outputs on the Google Chromebook Pixel, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Microsoft Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, and on the Apple iPad Pro 12.9" with a separate USB-C to Lightning cable, and also supports other USB-C devices such as the LG G5 at typical charging speeds.
"We believe that USB-C is next-generation technology, which delivers safe, speedy and convenient charging to consumers looking for the highest-quality experience when it comes to mobile power and accessories," Melody Saffery, Belkin senior director of product management, commented.
"While USB-C accessories are an ideal solution for consumers looking for a universal charging solution, uncertified cables and accessories may not work or can damage their devices.
"Our USB-C accessories are engineered and tested to meet the highest international standards for quality, and are all certified and guaranteed so that consumers can rest assured that their devices are protected."
USB-C Car Charger + Cable key features:
- USB-PD (power delivery) compatible charger
- Includes a USB-IF-certified USB-C-to-C cable
- Supports 5 V and 9 V USB-PD up to 3A, total 27 W output
- Leverages the latest USB-C technology on the move, including the reversible connector
- Ability to charge 5 V/3A-capable smartphones up to 70 per cent faster (than standard 5 W chargers), and charge larger devices, such as tablets and ultrabooks, using 9 V USB-PD output
- Compatible with most brands, and supports USB 2.0 data transfer for existing devices
The USB-C Car Charger + Cable is priced at $79.95 MSRP, and is available now from Belkin's website, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman.