Nowadays smartphones have enough wit to be used as worthy GPS systems, but with insecure mounting options, few people choose to take advantage of the helpful feature. At the risk of cannibalising their GPS line, TomTom has released a helpful car kit that will securely mount your phone so you can take advantage of its GPS repertoire.
TomTom is offering the kit in two versions: one specifically for iPhones, and another that caters to microUSB devices, such as Android and Windows Phone smartphones.
The hands free car kit features an advanced noise and echo cancellation system, and also offers the option of adding an extendable microphone to the sun visor.
Click to enlarge
"The new Car Kit has been designed for safety and convenience," said Chris Kearney, VP APAC at TomTom. "With fantastic audio quality and new mounting options, we are making it easier and safer for drivers to make calls and use navigation applications on the move. With advanced new features, our aim is to help drivers keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road."
Specs (according to the press kit):
· Sound boost - An in-built 2 watt speaker means that drivers can hear hands-free calls and navigation instructions loud and clear.
· Extendable microphone - The microphone can be brought closer to the driver for clearer conversations.
· Noise and echo cancellation - Cancels out background noise so drivers can have even clearer conversations.
· Dual phone connection - Connects two phones simultaneously.
· Fast charging - Fast charges the driver's phone on the go.
· Dual mounting system - Drivers can choose to mount their device on the dashboard or the windscreen. It includes a self-adhesive disc that allows use of the suction mount on the dash or center console.
· Voice menu and spoken instructions - Drivers can connect their phone easily using the voice menu and spoken instructions.
· Easy-reach answer and reject buttons - Answer and reject calls, even when the phone isn't mounted