Click to enlarge
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II is a successor to the AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED and offers improvements in performance and function.
"In addition to the adoption of Nano Crystal Coat and the VR II vibration reduction system, which offers camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops, the lens is equipped with A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode. A wide variety of angles of view are supported by the 200 mm telephoto to 400 mm super telephoto range of focal lengths. This lens is perfect for capturing subjects that require zoom capability, including sports, press and bird photography," said the company.
Nikon's development of the FX format, including D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras, has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers.
The company intends to expand and strengthen the NIKKOR lineup with the steady release of new, high performance lenses compatible with the FX format.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II features:
- A super telephoto zoom lens supporting Nikon's exclusive range of focal lengths from 200mm to 400mm
- Nano Crystal Coat significantly reduces ghost and flare
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops
- ED lens elements (4) adopted for superior chromatic aberration compensation
- A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) mode added
This new lens will be coming in the next few months. Contact your local registered Nikon retail for an indication of the price.