Nikon has added three new cams to its CoolPix range, the A, P330 and the S3500.
The CoolPix A (above) is stealing most of the thunder as it's a compact camera benefitting from advanced photographic features, such as its DX-Format CMOS sensor and its Expeed 2 image processing engine. Nikon claim the 16.2MP camera is best suited to "enthusiasts who normally use a DSLR," but want a compact camera small enough to keep with them wherever they go." Supporting this claim is a focus ring encircling the lens DSLR users are fond of.
Click to enlarge
Nestling comfortably in the middle of the range is the P330. It's a sweet looking compact with a 1/1.7-inch backside illuminated CMOS censor capable of 12MP stills and recording videos in 1080/60i resolution.
The final addition veers away from serious photography and towards the fashion conscious. Called the CoolPix S3500, this compact cam captures stills at 20.1 megapixels. Has 7 x optical zoom and comes in a "wide range of colours."
Following is a breakdown of each cams specs complements of Nikon's official press kit:
· Wide-angle 18.5mm, f/2.8 fixed focal length NIKKOR lens
· DX-format CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 2 image-processing engine
· Elegant design, durable body
· Focus ring for operation that feels like a DSLR
· Full HD-Movie recording
· Designed without an optical low-pass filter
· NIKKOR lens with fast maximum aperture of f/1.8
· 12.2 megapixels
· 1/1.7-in. backside illumination CMOS sensor
· Advanced compensation for camera shake with the addition of Active mode to the vibration reduction (VR) function
· 1080/60i movie recording
· Built-in GPS
· A slim and stylish design
· 7Ã— optical zoom
· 20.1 Megapixels
· Editing functions including glamour retouch and quick effects
· Wide range of colours