- Who Has The Best LCD TV: Sony, Toshiba Or Samsung?
- FIRST LCD TV REVIEW: LG Scarlet 60 Vs Samsung Series 6
- Sony PS4 Not Far Away
- The Humble PC Gets A Whopping Makeover
- Sony Bravia LCD TVs Vs Samsung LED HD TVs Which is Best?
- Toshiba Working With Microsoft On New Entertainment Xbox
- Blu-ray Xbox 360 Planned By Microsoft
- Massive Failure Rate For Xbox 360 Exposed
- Free Sony PS3 Con
- How To Build Your Own Digital Media Server: Part I
- First Review: Samsung Series 7 LED TV
- Movies On-The-Go With Teac DVD Boombox
- Who Has The Best 32-inch Screen: Panasonic, Samsung, or Sony?
- Who Has The Best Home Theatre Kit? Denon vs Bose
- Every Bit Of Defence Counts
- New Denon Home Theatre Makes Bose Look Like Yesterdays Technology
- Best Media Player On The Market
- At $1,499 The Aldi Medion 17-inch Notebook Is A Steal
- Affordable Noise Cancelling Headphones That Work
- B&W 600 Speaker Delivers Real Sound
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEO CAMERAS
Shoot! Toshiba X400 HD Camcorder $349
By Oonagh Reidy | Wednesday | 14/12/2011
Get HD video for a tiny price. Toshiba's new Camileo X400, which comes with a 3-inch LCD touch screen, 5 MP CMOS sensor (up to 16MP photos) and 23x optical zoom (120x digital).
Camileo also has a dedicated pause button that makes it possible to pause the recording and to continue with a different scene within the same clip.
Click to enlarge
The Toshiba camera also has built-in microphone jack for decent quality audio sound, back side illumination technology (BSI) which increases the sensor's light sensitivity, and capture footage whether its day or night and even in an artificial lighting environment.
It also has HDMI cable to connect directly to TV's and USB connection.
It also has a handy web upload function, making video easy as pie to add to Facebook or YouTube.
"With the new Camileo X400 the technology does all the hard work. Packed with intelligent features like face tracking and smile detection, a built-in microphone jack for improved audio quality and Cut 'n' Save video editing capabilities, it's incredibly easy to use", said Rob Wilkinson, General Manager Information Systems Division, Toshiba Australia.
"Whether you're a budding filmmaker or a complete beginner when it comes to shooting video, anyone can create stunning quality footage. " Mr Wilkinson said.
Here's a list of the specs of Camileo X400:
· 1080p Full HD video resolution
· Digital H.264 HD video camcorder
· BSI sensor technology
· 3.0" (7.6 cm) 16:9 touch screen
|· Zoom: 23x optical / 120x digital|
· Electronic Image Stabiliser (EIS)
· HDMI and USB connection
· Microphone slot
· Pause button
· Face tracking / smile detection
· Motion detection / slow motion
· Snapshot during video recording
· Video editing function (Cut 'n' Save)
· CAMILEO Uploader
Apr/May 2011 issue
reviews the hot new iPhone attach device, the Zeppelin Air. And we look at what's going on in the tablet space...