|Unveiling the V20 today, LG states that it delivers "the highest multimedia capabilities available in a mobile device".|
Sporting a 5.7" QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440/513 ppi), the V20 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, and is equipped with 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64 GB UFS ROM, with a microSD providing for capacity up to 2 TB.
It is decked out with dual rear 16 MP standard angle and 8 MP wide angle cameras, and a front 5 MP wide angle camera.
"The wide angle capabilities of the front and rear cameras capture photos with an inclusive background, meaning users get more in the frame and leave nothing out," LG states.
"The 5 MP front camera with a 120-degree lens expands the selfie experience to take bigger pictures with even more friends.
"The 8 MP rear camera with its 135-degree lens is perfect for taking pictures in front of a gorgeous vista or inside a gigantic stadium. The large aperture standard angle lens captures sharp images at a maximum of 16 MP with its 75-degree lens."
LG states that Steady Record 2.0 leverages Qualcomm's "electronic image stabilisation (EIS) 3.0 to record sharper video footage while neutralising shaky images", with the EIS complemented by digital image stabilisation.
Users can record hi-fi videos, manually controlling audio quality settings, using options such as Low Cut Filter, removing unwanted background noise and Limiter, setting recording distance.
In terms of audio, LG states that the V20 is the world's first smartphone to feature a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, powered by ESS Technology, delivering "clearer sound by minimising distortion and ambient noise by up to 50 per cent".
"With 75-stage fine volume and L/R balance controls as well as support for lossless music formats including FLAC, DSD, AIFF and ALAC, the V20 delivers high-quality sound to any pair of earphones," LG states.
The HD Audio Recorder, meanwhile, "lets users capture studio quality audio with a wider dynamic frequency range using three high AOP microphones to record incredible sound that surpass audio recordings on conventional smartphones".
LG has retained the second screen feature from the V10, located above the main display, which it states is double the brightness and delivers 50 per cent larger font size when compared to the V10, allowing for at-a-glance viewing of notifications and alerts.
It is also the world's first phone to feature Google's In Apps, with the new search mode featured in the Google app, helping users find content from built-in apps, including contacts, emails, text messages and photos, and also from user-installed apps.
The V20 also comes with LG's LG UX 5.0+ mobile user interface "to make it easier to use the multimedia functions tailored to customer needs".
In terms of design, the V20 employs lightweight aluminium, together with a new silicon-based material, AL6013 metal, covering the back of the phone, with silicone polycarbonate protecting the top and bottom of the phone.
LG states that the V20 will be available in Korea starting this month, followed by other regions, with information regarding other markets and launch dates to be announced locally in the weeks to come.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Display: main 5.7" QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440/513 ppi)/secondary IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040/513 ppi)
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM/64 GB UFS ROM/microSD (up to 2 TB)
- Camera: front 5 MP with F1.9 aperture (wide angle)/rear 16 MP with F1.8 aperture OIS (standard angle) and 8 MP with F2.4 aperture (wide angle)
- Battery: 3200 mAh (removable)
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6 mm
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: X12 LTE (up to 600 Mbps LTE Category 12 with 3x carrier aggregation)/Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, n, ac)/USB Type-C/Bluetooth 4.2 BLE/NFC
- Colours: titan/silver/pink
- Others: Hi-Fi Video Recording/Steady Record 2.0/HD Audio Recorder/Studio Mode/High AOP Mic/Second Screen/32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC/In Apps/B&O collaboration/finger print scanner/Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0