|The SR6010 7.2 channel network AV receiver sports 185 W of power per channel, filling even large home theatres, with the whole internal circuit designed to further enhance audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules) in Current Feedback topology before they reach the speakers. |
The SR6010 is equipped with a Dolby Atmos decoder and Dolby Surround and is DTS:X and DTS Neural:X-ready. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth provide for a range of online music sources, while the SR6010 can play music files stored on a PC or external storage unit via the DLNA network streaming standard.
Other connectivity options include an iPod digital-compatible USB input on the front panel, dedicated phono (MM) inputs, and analogue and digital audio inputs. Via a 9.2 channel processing capability and 13.2 channel pre-out section, the SR6010 can be used as full home entertainment centre, while it can distribute music to up to three zones.
The video section fully supports 4K ultra-HD high-resolution video, along with HDMI 2.0a specification and HDCP 2.2. It additionally features HDR and wide colour gamut compatibility, and is equipped with eight HDMI inputs, along with two HDMI outputs, all of which support HDCP 2.2 compatibility.
Meanwhile, the SR7010 additionally features a nine channel amplifier holding 200 W per channel, with an 11.2 channel processing capability allowing users to set up a Dolby Atmos configuration of up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 speakers (with an additional amplifier required) and DTS:X of up to 11 channels.
The SR7010, which can be upgraded to support the Auro-3D and Auromatic upmixer, sports a 32-bit SHARC DSP and 192 kHz/32-bit digital-analogue converters for all channels.
Built on last year's AV7702, the AV7702mkII comes with the same feature set as the SR7010, however without its power amp section, which Marantz states gives room for paying even closer attention to the audio section, before passing the signal to either the 11.2 channel XLS or 13.2 channel RCA pre-outs, and to an external power amplifier.
"An even higher quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM and a power supply for the pre-amplifier stage equipped with audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors give special treatment to high-resolution audio reproduction," Marantz states of the AV7702mkII.
"The extended shielding for each pre-amplifier section minimise interference and give the last finishing touch for the ultimate in surround and stereo sound quality."
The SR6010 carries a price tag of $2,150 RRP, the SR7010 $3,970 RRP and the AV7702mkII $3,790 RRP.
SR6010 7.2 channel network AV receiver - main features:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- 7 channel discrete power amplifier, 185 W per channel
- 13.2 channel pre-out with 9.2 channel processing
- Current feedback circuitry with Marantz new HDAM
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro-ready
- Latest HDMI 2.0a with 4k 60 Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 HDMI in/2 HDMI out (4k 60 Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- High-resolution audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless playback Spotify Connect (where available), internet radio support, AirPlay on board
- Phono (MM) input
- Set-up assistant and advanced GUI
- Small trapdoor design, aluminum front panel
- Marantz remote app for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
SR7010 9.2 channel network AV receiver - additional features:
- 9 channel discrete power amplifier, 200 W per channel
- 13.2 channel pre-out with 11.2 channel processing
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- Auro-3D upgradeable (optional paid upgrade)
- High-quality 192 kHz/32-bit D/A converters for all channels
- 7+1 front HDMI in/3 HDMI out (4k 60 Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Big trapdoor design, aluminum front panel
- Blue LED Marantz porthole, additional 2-lines FL display behind the trapdoor
- Universal LCD remote control
AV7702mkII multi-channel network AV pre-amplifier - main features:
- Same features as SR7010, but no power amplifier section
- 11.2 channel XLR pre-out, 13.2 channel RCA pre-out
- High-quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM for high-resolution audio reproduction
- Power supply for pre-amplifier stage with audiophile-grade ELNA capacitors