|The DHP-P601AV is decked out to deal with bandwidth-intensive applications, such as HD and 4K video streaming, or online gaming, while providing an option to extend a Wi-Fi network throughout a property.|
A passthrough socket, meanwhile, provides for the electrical outlet to be used by another device.
The devices are plug and play, with a push-button secure set-up, with one adaptor plugged into a power outlet near the existing router and connected via a supplied Ethernet cable, and the other adaptor then plugged into an outlet in the room the internet connection is being extended to.
"Demand for PowerLine products has sky-rocketed over the last few years and continues to grow," D-Link ANZ managing director Graeme Reardon commented. "The main reason is that PowerLine is a simple and easy way to extend your internet access within a home or business, without the hassle of installing extra cables.
"It's perfect for meeting the demands of an ever-increasing number of connected devices and the desire for ultra-high performance and high-speed internet connectivity.
"The new DHP-P601AV provides people with a reliable network connection, giving them a high-quality experience and the added bonus of a passthrough power socket to connect other electrical devices."
Available now, the DHP-P601AV is priced at $199.95 RRP, with further information available here.
- PowerLine AV2 technology for up to 1,000 Mbps throughput
- Passthrough power socket to connect other electrical devices to the same power point
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN port
- Plug-and-play - no configuration required
- Simple Connect button for secure connectivity between other PowerLine devices
- Wall-plug design for more convenience
- Single input, single output (SISO) technology
- Quality of Service (QoS) support
- Supports D-Link Green Power Saving features
- Includes two x DHP-P600AV adaptors in the kit