Amaze yourself with amAze, a free mapping and navigation service for mobile users who want to know where to go.
An additional voice-guided navigation feature can be accessed using any external Bluetooth GPS device or phones with a built-in GPS.
Phone It’s Managing Director, John Michaelis said, “While other similar services are charging users a monthly premium fee of up to $17, amAze is unique by offering a free service for consumers. It only requires a one time, simple software download to the mobile phone, while revenue for the service is generated via unobtrusive sponsors and advertisers. The service is completely free for the consumer”.
The company claims that the amAze software presents advertisements to consumers only when they are using the application and no attempt is made to address the user at any other time. Through this, users who want to receive free content or services will not be ‘spammed’ with advertisements on their mobile phones.
“We want the ads to improve the user experience and deliver valuable money savings and special offers. For example, if you are passing a certain hotel and amAze advices you that there are free drinks for ladies until 7pm tonight, it could enhance your evening! Or if you are looking for a toy store, amAze could lead you to a 50% off toy sale and save you money!” added John.
With amAze you get all the following options:
- Visual and voice guidance to any destination
- Search or define any location by its address
- Search and navigate to businesses listed in yellow pages directories (where available)
- Present any required location on the map
- View and use dynamic high quality maps at various scales
- View and navigate over high resolution satellite images
- Calculate the fastest way between two locations
- Save and manage personal favourites list
- View graphical weather forecasts displayed on maps
Users can log into the amAze web site to register and download the application absolutely free at www.amazegps.com