Total Security 2009, is a software programme that protects against viruses, spyware, hackers, spam and other e-threats, but without that annoying impact on the system’s performance, claims manufacturer BitDefender.
The software uses proactive B-HAVE technology that identifies and blocks new and zero-day threats. Additionally, Total Security 2009’s maintenance and backup tools keep PCs running at optimal speed and protected from data loss.
Other features include:
- Automatically enters power-saving Laptop Mode when a laptop is running on battery power, postponing scheduled scans, backups and tune-ups in order to save battery life.
- No one can eavesdrop on instant messaging traffic between two PCs, offering protection to Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger users.
- File Vault provides a secured storage space for personal information or sensitive files kept locally in a user’s computer. Data is encrypted – making it invulnerable to theft or security breaches.
- Proactive protection technologies for secure everyday online activities such as banking, shopping, browsing or socialising. Web, email and Instant Messaging traffic are now scanned in real-time for viruses, spyware, phishing and identity theft attempts.
- Provides home users with the ability to manage the security of every PC in a home network from a single location.
- An iimproved Gamer Mode, increased performance with lower consumption of system resources, enhanced usability, and firewall (IDS and IPv6 support) support.