Apple has moved to try and seek a ban on sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III days after seeking a ban on the Galaxy SII.Over the weekend Apple sought to amend a U.S. lawsuit originally filed in February to now claim that the Galaxy SIII is in breach of Apple patents. The Company who is seeking “world dominance” of the smartphone and tablet markets is now claiming that the highly successful Galaxy S III violates its patent rights.
The new lawsuit is similar to one filed in April 2011.
Earlier this month a jury ruled largely in Apple’s favour and assessed $1 billion in damages against Samsung, which has said it would appeal the judgement that was delivered by a US jury who lived in the same State as where Apple is located. Some jurists lived mere kilometres away from Apple headquarters in Cupertino.
Samsung said it would continue to contest the new case. “Apple continues to resort to litigation over market competition in an effort to limit consumer choice,” it said in a statement.
The Wall Street Journal claimed legal and financial analysts have speculated for months Apple would target the Galaxy S III. Samsung has said it is its fastest-selling smartphone yet, with more than 10 million units shipped in its first two months.
In addition to the two models of the Galaxy S III, Apple added the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet computer and Galaxy Nexus smartphone to the list of Samsung products in the second case, raising the total to 21 from 17.
The original case involved 28 Samsung products, all of which entered the U.S. market in 2010 and 2011. Following the Aug. 24 ruling in that case, Apple asked the court to permanently stop the sale of eight of the 28 Samsung products.