The first third-party car charges compatible with Apple’s new iPhone 5 are available from today.
Belkin is the first company to release car chargers and charging docks compatible with the new iPhone 5’s lightening connector.
“Belkin ANZ is thrilled to announce that we will be first to market with solutions for the new Apple Lightning connector,” said Brendan Sparks, Head of Marketing and Product Management ANZ.
“There has been substantial interest and demand for Lightning accessories since the launch of the new Apple connector. Belkin’s Lightning solutions will provide users with a stylish and reliable way to keep their new iPhone 5, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini or iPod touch charged, protected, and ready to go.”
Apple introduced a new charging standard when they released the iPhone 5. They’ve adopted a new, smaller standard, claiming it wouldn’t have been possible to make the iPhone 5 so thin with the old charger.
Below are the new Belkin products as per the press release.
Belkin Car Charger for Lightning (F8J075) $39.95
· Updated version of Belkin’s best-selling, slim-profile car charger
· Hardwired 1.2m Lightning cable included
· Over-voltage protection to protect device
· MFi certified
· 10 watt, 2.1 amp
· Available in black
Belkin Charge + Sync Dock (F8J057) $44.95
· Cable not included; for use with Apple-branded Lightning connector cable only
· Foldaway AUX jack
· Cable channel for easy cable feeding
· Removable magnetic base
· EarPods audio-out port for headphones or speakers