X

An alarm clock screaming at you is a bad enough start to a day, but can you imagine being cooked out of your slumber? That’s what happened to a Brazilian who was sound asleep, when a charging iPhone 4 began burning mere inches from his face.


Click to enlarge

Sao Paulo was startled when he was woken up by “sparks and black smoke” being discharged from his burning iPhone. Luck was on his side as he woke up just in time to turn off the power switch and unplug the charger from the phone. Although the phone was combusting a mere 15cm from his face, Mashable reports Paulo was not hurt.

This isn’t the first time an iPhone 4 spontaneously combusted, with another catching alight in the middle of a flight last week.

During a flight from Lismore to Sydney, an iPhone began omitting “a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow.” Staff on the flight handled the situation and no one was harmed. In the meantime, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau is investigating the nature of the incident.

So far there’s been no word from Apple explaining what could’ve caused the two phones to randomly start burning.

SOUL S GEAR 4SQM banner 728x90px Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
HAR0532 SHCHnews BT 728x90 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
728x90 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
3047 Audio 4Square LG XBOOM 360 728x90 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
Dec21 728x90 1 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
UE Wonderboom2 CNWeb LB Blue Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
4Squre Ads 02 728x90 1 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
Sony 290ES 728x90 1 Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
728x90 TCL Mini LED FUll Array Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps
XMAS Gemini Aqipa 4SQM Banner Ads Leaderboard 728x90px ANZ Apple iPhone Combusts While Owner Sleeps


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE