So you bought an iPhone a few months ago and plan to get that $100 rebate that Steve Jobs announced a few days ago. Apparently there is more to it than meets the eye, as Apple has set several conditions that ‘restricts’ the rebating process, one of which includes not redeeming the $100 credit at any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere.
Apple will be giving an instant $100 electronic toward ‘the purchase of products at the Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store.’ Users must first also activate one’s iPhone with AT&T prior to submitting the claim, meaning those who hacked their iPhone to work with other mobile networks will not be eligible for the rebate. Owners must also submit the rebate request between September 13, 2007 and November 30, 2007 at Apple’s iPhone Store Credit (www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit) section.
Here are some conditions that will make some iPhones not qualify for a credit:
- iPhones purchased from Apple from August 22, 2007, through September 4, 2007
- iPhones that have been returned to Apple or AT&T
- iPhones for which a Gift Card, rebate, or other consideration have already been issued
- iPhones that Apple provided to employees, either for personal use or for departmental use
- iPhones provided by Apple for product reviews
- AppleCare Service iPhones
- iPhones registered to customers whose addresses are outside the United States
- iPhones for which Apple or AT&T already has extended price protection under applicable sales terms
- iPhones purchased by corporations or education institutions where Apple has provided alternative accommodation.
Apple has also mentioned that customers who are able to obtain the rebate cannot use the store credits:
- At any iTunes Store in the United States or elsewhere
- Apple Store locations outside the United States
- At Apple resellers
- For cash
- To purchase Apple Gift Cards, or,iTunes Store Gift Certificates, to give iTunes Store content as gifts, or to create iTunes Store allowances
- As payments on Apple accounts
For more information, check out http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit/