Nokia has issued a global recall for 14 million faulty chargers made by a subcontractor earlier this year, warning that the chargers could cause an electrical shock. But the Australian subsidiary is stressing that none of the faulty chargers were sold in Australia.
Click to enlarge
In Sydney, Nokia Australia said: “Nokia today initiated a charger exchange program in some markets. This program does not impact Australia or New Zealand. None of the specific models of chargers within the scope of this program have been sold in Australia or New Zealand through authorised channels.”
“The charger exchange program only applies to a limited number of chargers of certain models and these models have different plugs and pins than are used in Australia and New Zealand.”
Australians who may have bought a charger in another country are being directed to a Web site that contains information on the affected models.
Nokia says the potentially dangerous chargers were models AC-3E and AC-3U, manufactured between June 15 and August 9, 2009; and the AC-4U model, manufactured between April 13 and October 25, 2009.