LG has started rolling out some of the appliances that wowed crowds at the recent CES show in Las Vegas. Among the products introduced to Australia is the all new smart rack, smart water management dishwasher that is packed with new appliance technology including one feature that heats steam to 80 degrees.A new model dishwasher, the LD-1454TFES2 has built in as standard LG’s new TrueSteam technology,which is a first for the Australian market.
This technology requires less effort to produce sparkling results, by reducing the need for pre-washing. TrueSteam works by creating high-temperature steam particles that are injected from carefully positioned pressure nozzles. Once the particles attach themselves to grease and grime on dishes, temperatures quickly rise to melting point, so by the time the entire cycle is finished, the dishes are spotless.
Steam temperature and pressure is managed by the built-in steam generator, and the resulting particles are powerful enough to tackle the toughest, burnt on, and dried up food remains. Just one drop of water when heated is equivalent to 1600 steam molecules for powerful cleaning, so the result is superior performance that is exceptionally gentle, regardless of how tough the grime or delicate the dish is.
Unlike other dishwashers on the market, the LG TrueSteam Dishwasher washes fine tableware and heavily greased roasting dishes simultaneously on the TrueSteam Dual Spray cycle. With separate water pressures for the two levels, fine tableware can be cleaned on the upper rack while baking dishes can be placed on the lower rack.
Other features include an AutoCycle that uses a soil sensor to detect water clarity, automatically adjusting washing time, temperature and number of rinses required. There is also a SmartRack function that allows one to adjust the baskets to suit a variety of dish sizes.
Another standout feature is LG’s TrueSteam hygienic rinse technology that allows a rinse cycle to reach up to 80 degrees, which is 10 degrees higher than most conventional dishwashers.
All of LG’s dishwasher range comes with a 10 Year direct drive motor parts warranty as well as a two years parts and labour, plus eight years on direct drive motor (parts only).
Fiona Irving, Corporate Marketing Manager at LG said “LG has invested significantly in the home appliance category to ensure we continue to provide consumers with products that fit their lifestyle and provide ease and convenience. The new LG TrueSteam Dishwasher is a classic example of how LG is continuing that investment with a product that provides a superior clean with less time and effort.”
The following features can be found in the new LD-1454TFES2:
· TrueSteam Power Technology – each drop of water when heated is equivalent to 1600 steam molecules for powerful cleaning
· 10 Year Inverter Direct Drive Motor Parts Warranty – for greater durability, the motor utilises fewer moving parts to reduce machine wear-and-tear and noise. At the same time it increases stability and durability (two years parts and labour plus eight years on direct drive motor (parts only)
· Auto Cycle – a soil sensor detects water clarity and automatically adjusts washing time, temperature and number of rinses required to give an optimum result
· Steam Generator -a high temperature steam is produced. Entering the dishwasher via two steam nozzles, the steam molecules attach themselves to dirt particles to actively soak and melt away even the toughest baked on stains
· Dual Spray cycle -separate intensities for middle and lower racks (soft/medium/strong)
· Half load option -this program can be selected when you want to use the dishwasher even if it isn’t full. With this option, either the upper or lower drawer alone can be selected to wash smaller loads to save you time.
· Water Rating -WELS 4 Star/13.5L per wash
· 14 place settings
· 6 programmes
· Full electronic control
· Stainless steel finish
The dishwashers are available in selected retailers. For more information or stockists please visit the LG website at www.lg.com.au, www.lgdesignerkitchen.com.au or call 1300 LG CARE (1300 542 273) for stockists.