Edimax Technology has released the BR-6226n nLite Wireless Broadband Router . This router is a high speed wireless broadband router which, when connected to a cable or DSL modem, provides high-speed Internet access to multiple computers.
It creates a secure and stable wireless network to share photos, files, music, videos, printer and network storage. Based on advanced multi-channel wireless transmission technology, the BR-6226n provides a better coverage while at the same time eliminating dead spots. When used in combination with the Edimax nLite USB adapters (EW-7711UAn and EW-7711UMn), the router offers data transmission rates up to 150 Mbps and enables a 4 times better wireless coverage compared to 802.11b/g devices.
The BR-6226n is very easy to secure with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), which allows users to activate wireless security simply by pushing the pairing button on the router. It also features a “Wireless on/off” control button which enables users to switch off the Wi-Fi option in case they only want to use a wired connection. Furthermore, the router supports Virtual Server and Virtual DMZ functions for increased security and NAT/NAPT for sharing a broadband connection with up to 253 network users.
The multilingual EZmax setup wizard enables a quick and simple configuration of the BR-6226n. Users only need to select their language and follow the simple steps of the wizard. In addition, the router supports the advanced “Edimax EZview” management interface, which enables users to manage their complete network from a simple interface, either locally or remotely. Within the EZview management interface users can monitor all connected devices and manage device information such as IP address, bandwidth control, open ports and DMZ. Moreover, users can assign a unique and easy to remember name for all connected devices which means that they don’t need to remember multiple IP addresses.
– Complies with wireless 802.11g and 802.11b standards
– Built-in hardware button to enable/disable wireless signal
– Compatible with wireless 802.11n standard with data rate up to 150Mbps
– Supports WISP (wireless ISP) connection mode
– Includes EZmax multi-languages setup wizard for Internet connection, wireless settings and firmware upgrade
– Supports EZView to manage device name, IP address, bandwidth and DMZ of UPnP compatible devices in LAN
– Supports WMM, WEP, WPA, WPA2, DDNS, QoS, IP/MAC filter, DMZ and virtual server
Product and Pricing Summary:
Model: BR-6226n nLite Wireless Broadband Router
RRP : AUS $85
Australian Distributors: Bluechip Infotech