A stunning new iPod docking station the IS201 is set to be launched by Marantz. SHN has been able to obtain the first pictures and information about the device along with a full specification document.
Designed as a stand alone product that connects to a Hi fi System the device is also ideal for custom installers who want to integrate the product into a wall.
The device is stylish and is an offical “Made for iPod” approved product. The new cradle that plugs into a Hi Fi system is compatible with iPod video, photo, nano, mini, U2, 3rd & 4th Generation iPods with dock adapter. The device is desk top or wall mountable. Marantz claim that most of competitors’ iPod connectivity products are just docking station style but the new IS201 is fit to the purpose similar to the Sonance in wall mount. The IS201 is capable both docking station style and wall mount style by switching around the “cover”. This they say is ideal for custom installers.
The device and can be operated in OSD or LCD mode. It has full on screen Colour display of all iPod menu operations.
It also comes with the following specifications.
– RC-5 system control terminal.
– Discrete IR Command (OSD mode only).
– IR Flasher Input.
– Built-in IR Receiver can be used as external IR eye like as IR-92.
– S-Video Output for OSD, photo and Video data.
– iPod batteries automatically recharge in the dock.
– Universal AC adapter supplied 3 plug adapter (for UK/Europe/USA-JAPAN)
– Wireless remote commander RS201IS is enclosed.
The device will go on sale next month. Pricing has not been announced yet. SHN also believes that Marantz will shortly launch a stand alone iPod Hi Fi system as well as a 5.1 home theatre kit that also connects to an iPod.