Foxtel’s new range of audiovisual accessories will be sold by major retailers, including Dick Smith, Dick Smith Power House, Harvey Norman, Tandy Electronics, Domayne, Joyce Mayne and The Good Guys.
Electronics manufacturer, Universal Electronics BV, is developing and sourcing the Foxtel accessories range and Ambertech is handling retail distribution.
Key products in the range include Foxtel remote controls with universal learning capabilities, which enable them to be programmed to allow operation of other AV devices. A multiroom device allows subscribers installed with Foxtel iQ to watch programming on a secondary display.
“We are delighted at the strong response from leading retailers to stock Foxtel’s accessories range, which will allow our subscribers to tailor audio and visual solutions to enhance their Foxtel service within their home,” said Foxtel’s Patrick Delany.
The Foxtel accessories range will include:
· Foxtel Digital Remotes – which operates Foxtel Digital and can be programmed to operate televisions
· Foxtel iQ Remotes – which operates Foxtel Digital, Foxtel iQ and can be programmed to operate televisions, VCRs, DVD players and AV amplifiers
· Foxtel iQ Remote and iQ Multiroom – which operates Foxtel Digital and iQ and enables viewers to watch the same channel in another room
· Foxtel Digipath – a wireless interactive connection for Foxtel Digital and iQ
· Foxtel Optical Audio Cable – enhances sound quality
· Foxtel SCART to Component and Composite – improves picture quality using YPbPr component video connection
· Foxtel SCART to S-Video – improves picture using S-Video connection
· Foxtel SCART to VCR – connects both input and output of a VCR to Foxtel