Certificate Authority and Identity management solution provider, US-based Comodo, has released a free automatic file backup and recovery tool for Windows XP and Windows 2000.
The product, dubbed Comodo BackUp, provides home users and network administrators with a straightforward, no-cost application to automatically and completely protect their data.
The automated file duplication and recovery tool supports scheduled ongoing backups of critical files and allows backups to be saved to local and network drives as well as FTP servers and CD/DVD rewriters.
Melih Abdulhayoglu, President and CEO Comodo said: “Until now, home users and network administrators had no simple and free way to automatically and completely protect their data. Now there is an easy to use program that allows them to create, schedule and run their own backups 5 minutes after they’ve downloaded it. Just pick the source and destination folders, pick the times you want it to run and you’re set. From now on, if data gets lost, damaged or deleted you can quickly recover it at the touch of a button.”
It’s not the first time Comodo has offered free solutions aimed at the consumer protection market, existing offerings include Personal Firewall, AntiSpam, iVault Password Management, Verification Engine and free email certificates.
Key features of Comodo BackUp include:
- Complete file and folder duplication to local / network drives, FTP servers and CD/DVD re-writers
- Schedule backups to run automatically according to user defined timetable
- File Synchronization – real time backups whereby files are copied as soon as they are saved
- Intelligent Incremental backups
- Advanced, rule-based filtering
- E-mail reporting to mailing lists upon backup completion
- Extensive reporting logs
- Can run in User Specific or Windows Service mode
- Zero learning curve – Configure in minutes using an intuitive interface
Users can download from http://www.backup.comodo.com