Rugby World Cup fans may now keep track of scores, highlights, and even team information on Google’s customisable homepage called iGoogle.
Click to enlarge
This Rugby 2007 tab offers three gadgets, with an additional two available to users in some countries:
1) The “Live” gadget allows fans to follow the course of the matches in real time, look up team selections, and even the latest news.
2) The “Results” gadget offers an overview of results and each team’s performance.
3) The “Google Maps” gadget will allow users to see all the useful addresses in the cities where the matches take place like stadiums, giant screens to view the matches, supporter bars, hotels, stores, and tourist information centres.
4) The “Fan videos” gadget allows a user to view YouTube videos from supporters around the world and access YouTube to post their own videos.
5) The game “Make some noise” allows a user to encourage their team by clicking on its flag. The winning team is the one that scored the greatest number of clicks!
Google’s Marketing Manager for France and Southern Europe, Sandrine Murcia said, “By offering rugby fans the possibility to view their team’s results in real time on iGoogle, to localise all the useful addresses on Google Maps or to share supporter videos on YouTube, we are providing them with an easy and user-friendly way to take part in the excitement of this event, which will furthermore take place in France. The Rugby World Cup is above all a community event that brings together supporters from around the world. We wish to join them by making all the news and information linked to this sporting event accessible on Google’s personalised homepage.”
The tab dedicated to the Rugby World Cup is available on iGoogle in numerous languages including French, English, Italian and Spanish.
The Rugby World Cup page can be found at: www.google.com.au/rugby2007