Travroute has launched its CoPilot Live 7, a GPS navigation software that converts any PDA or smartphone into a navigation device that can be brought anywhere.
Click to enlarge
Director of Mobility Solutions for Travroute Australia, Andrew McGregor said, “CoPilot Live 7 is a truly customisable GPS navigation system. We can now provide drivers, cyclists and pedestrians with the same experience on a phone as a Personal Navigation Device or in-dash sat nav system. Real-time, location-specific services such as location tracking provide a sense of security previously available only to commercial enterprises. Now mobile phones are just as effective for navigation as they are for communication.”
The CoPilot Live 7 is simple with redesigned step-by-step address entry, finger-touch buttons, predictive address matching, and on-screen set-up wizards. Large-buttoned menus make frequently used features quickly accessible. CoPilot Live 7’s redesigned 2D and 3D map views enable drivers, cyclists, or pedestrians to see their exact location and where they are going. Finally, customers can also choose from a variety of standard road colour schemes or create their own personalised skins, the company says.
By default, the CoPilot map shows a turn or junction, progressively zooming-in automatically before returning to the non-distracting safety screen once the turn is completed. The CoPilot Live 7 also comes with Text- to-Speech voice commands, with 13 different languages available for both Windows Mobile powered Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
CoPilot Live 7 Highlights:
- Simple to use, dedicated GPS navigation performance for mobile phones
- Brand customizable for Mobile Operators, OEMs and handset manufacturers
- Improved routing, redesigned colourful 2D/3D maps and natural text-to-speech voice directions in 13 languages
- Significant map data updates by Navteq including extended lane information
- New safety camera alerts
- Real-time mobile data services include location tracking which includes the ability to send your locations to other users via SMS or MMS
CoPilot Live 7 will be available for Windows Mobile based smartphones and Pocket PCs, including market-first compatibility with Windows Mobile 6 devices in the spring of 2007.