Considered a leader in the consumer smart lighting market, Philips has revealed its ‘Hue’ light bulbs are getting even smarter, following a “major update” for iOS and Android devices rolling out this month.
For Philips’ Hue app, several new features will be deployed, including improvements and enhanced personalisation capabilities.
The company claims its new update makes Hue smart lights easier to use, whilst offering better control and customisation.
Philips indoor Hue range is available to purchase in Australia from retailers such as Kogan.com.
Jasper Vervoort, Head of Marketing and Product Management, Home Systems & Luminaires at Philips Lighting, affirms the new look app is “easier to use than ever”, following advice from “lighting designers, user experience specialists, and most importantly customers”.
“The result is an app befitting the world’s most loved smart home lighting system,” Vervoort adds.
The new update will include some of the below changes:
- New-look convenient shortcuts, including added control convenience and custom colour memory
- Easily group and un-group lights in a room, whilst choosing exact colour ambience
- 30 new ‘scenes’ picked by lighting designers – e.g. sunset in honolulu or night out in Soho.
- Better ability to choose your own personal scenes
- App can extract colours from your favourite pictures, and intelligently apply to smart lights.
Further information on the new Philip Hue lights update is available on the company’s website here.