LG has unveiled its latest G series smartphone, the G8X ThinQ, plus a revamped version of its Dual Screen phone accessory at IFA 2019.
Both the LG G8X ThinQ and upgraded LG Dual Screen will be available in key markets sometime in the fourth quarter of 2019, though no specific date or confirmation or markets has been announced.
Designed for enhanced mobile multi-tasking, the latest version of LG’s Dual Screen includes an additional 2.1-inch Cover Display and adopts a new 360 Freestop Hinge to allow for viewing at any angle.
Sharing the identical 6.4-inch FullVision display of the LG Dual Screen, The G8X ThinQ and has the ability to automatically adjust the display’s brightness and contrast using ambient light sensors, which maximises image details and reduces eye strain.
An in-display fingerprint sensor makes locking and unlocking easier than ever, even with the Dual Screen folded back, while the front-facing camera sits within an unobtrusive Waterdrop lens cutout.
As for the camera itself, the G8X ThinQ sports a 32mp front shooter with a 1.6 μm sensor and features several enhanced features, including:
- Reflector Mode: ensures clearer and sharper photos, even in low light, letting users adjust the lighting colour to match preference or mood;
- AI Action Shot: recognises and compensates for movement with a shutter speed of 1/480 of a second for improved focus;
- 4K Time Lapse: lets users create time lapse videos in 4K resolution;
- LG Steady Cam: provides enhanced image stability for more polished and professional-looking footage; and
- For the first time ever, switching between front and rear cameras while recording video is possible.
In terms of audio, the G8X ThinQ comes with two 1.2W speakers that deliver balanced stereo sound, as well as the 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC tuned by Meridian Audio for exceptional smartphone sound.
The G8X ThinQ also features a microphone which is automatically turned up when capturing video to ensure sounds are recorded with the best quality and detail.
“LG Dual Screen is now a proven form factor, highly regarded for its practicality and the world of multi-tasking possibilities it opens up,” said Brian Kwon, President of LG’s Mobile Communications and Home Entertainment.
“We’ll continue to expand the LG Dual Screen ecosystem through strategic partnerships and upgrade our innovation in meaningful ways to bring consumers a differentiated user experience.”