A drink blender that was described by K Mart as a “Nutritional Drink Blender” has been pulled from the market because there is a real risk that it can cause a fire.
The Homemaker Nutritional drink blender, model SA-RB-13409 was sourced directly by K Mart in Australia. Accoding to sources no local testing of the device was done in Country.
A recall notice issued yesterday describes the blender as being poorly sealed against liquid and internal components are made of unsuitable material. ‘If the liquid enters the blender it has the potential to cause a fire’ the recall notice said.
ChannelNews understands that tens of thousands of the faulty devices have been sold in Australia.
Despite faults with the product the productsreview.com.au web site which is known for publishing questionable reviews has given the blender 5/5.
They describe the device as ‘This little machine does a great job. It is easily usable and really an awesome product that I am using it to make the best smoothies and crushed nuts etc.
Another 5/5 review said ‘For 15 bucks, I couldn’t ask for more! Blends and pulverizes all my fruit and nuts into delicious smoothies! Handy for on the go and nice compact bottles to fit in my lunch bag.
Consumers concerned about their blender are asked to contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125 between 8.00am – 5.00pm or visit www.kmart.com.au.