Amazon has announced a new Kindle app that allows a user to purchase and read eBooks on their iPhone and iPod touch.
Click to enlarge
Kindle customers can read a few pages on their Kindle, a few more pages on their Kindle-compatible device such as an iPhone and never lose their place.
Amazon Kindle’s Vice President, Ian Freed said, “We are excited to make the Kindle for iPhone App available to iPhone and iPod touch users in more than 60 countries, allowing them to access the vast selection of the most popular books, all available wirelessly from the Kindle Store. The Kindle for iPhone App is the perfect companion for customers who own a Kindle or Kindle DX, and a great way for customers around the world to download and read books even if they don’t yet have a Kindle.”
With Kindle for iPhone customers in over 60 countries can:
– Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store.
– Read the beginning of books for free before they buy.
– Add and automatically synchronise bookmarks and last page read.
– Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free.
– Choose from six different font sizes and adjust words per line.
– Add and view notes and highlights marked on Kindle and Kindle DX.
– Read books in full color including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels.
The Kindle App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.