With the growing popularity of Flip video devices, the oldest camera manufacturer in the world, Kodak, are releasing a pocket HD video camera called the KODAK Zx1 Pocket Video Camera.
Orientated towards the outdoors, the Zx1 provides resistance to rain, snow, sand and dirt and automatically adjusts to bright and low light, meaning it captures high quality video anywhere in any light. Offering efficiency and versatility, the Zx1 allows users to take video in 720p HD at 30-60fps, recording up to 10 hours with a 32GB memory card. In addition, inbuilt software within the Zx1 offers easy uploads to YouTube and other Internet sites.
Added features of the Zx1 include a 2 inch LCD screen, instant slow motion playback and frame by frame fast forward and rewind. Also included with the Zx1 is a HDMI cable providing the connection to experience videos in spectacular quality on HDTV. Weighing only 90 grams, carrying dimensions of 2.0 x 4.2 x 0.8 inches and with expandable SD/SDHC card slots, the Zx1 is the perfect way to capture life’s spontaneous moments in the palm of your hand.
The Zx1 pocket video camera also features ArcSoft Media Impressions, inbuilt Kodak editing software which can be accessed when the camera is connected to any computer and enables users to edit, trim, splice, enhance, transfer and upload videos to YouTube. Users can also install software on the included CD for enhanced features such as importing and transferring videos; transforming stills frames into photographs; making movies by adding music, titles and credits and auto-resizing films to be sent as video emails.
Kodak General Manager, Kodak Consumer Digital Group ANZ, Grant Smith says: “As life continues to get busier, it becomes harder to ensure that we are capturing and sharing life’s adventures and milestones. The Zx1 offers consumers unique technology allowing them to record, edit and easily upload their videos to the web or view them on their home TV with minimal hassle. The Zx1 not only signifies Kodak’s entry into the new pocket sized video camera category, but also demonstrates Kodak’s ongoing commitment to innovation in the digital world we now live in.”
The KODAK Zx1 Pocket Video Camera is designed to meet your needs at the touch of a button – no lens cap, dials to turn or settings to adjust. The camera’s advanced feature set includes:
- Easy editing, personalisation, and uploading to YouTube or other internet sites with built-in video software, ArcSoft Media Impressions for Kodak
- Expandable SD/SDHC Card slot for memory cards up to 32 GB, that can record up to 10 hours of HD video
- Easy HDTV playback with included HDMI cable
- Sensitive, low distortion microphone that provides crisp, clear audio
- Pre-charged AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries and battery charger included, saving money and avoiding waste from used batteries
- Vibrant 2.0inch LCD
- Available in three colours: black, red and pink with new colours available at a later date
- Remote control compatible (remote control sold separately).