X

The case of dodgy Sony batteries is heating up with a report out of the US that a 12-year-old boy was burnt by an overheating PlayStation Portable (PSP) battery.

The PSP was in the boy’s trouser pocket at the time and while the unit wasn’t turned on, it began to heat-up rapidly, according to various reports.

The boy was treated for second-degree burns on his leg.

While Sony was in hot water last year with numerous instances of laptop computer batteries overheating and even catching fire, this is the first report of a PSP battery burning up.

A Sony spokesperson told a US publication that it was investigating the case, including the possibility that the faulty battery could have been a cloned and unauthorised model made by a third-party manufacturer.

LB 728x90px Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
LG016 Corporate 4square Media LG ToneFree FP9 LB 728x90 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
4SQR Logi MX keys Mini 728x90 1 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
gtv r3 728x90 px Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
728x90 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
ARL0546 Arlo Go 2 Banner 728x90px 72dpi V2 Camping Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
Suunto 728X90 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
4Square clarity ad 1 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
%name Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy
1 Overheating PSP Battery Burns Boy


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE