Palm Australasia has debuted its Palm Treo 500v, a smartphone that combines forms of communication and multimedia capabilities with 3G mobile Internet access, the company says.
Click to enlarge
Palm’s country manager for ANZ, Olivier Rozay said, “The Treo 500v is priced to enable a broader audience to experience the Internet and email on the go. Today’s generation has really embraced the Internet as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family, seeking out entertainment and managing their day-to-day lives. We can offer users the choice to do what they want, how they want, when they want. The unique Vodafone interface makes the Treo 500v easy to use even for customers who have never used a smartphone before.”
Vodaphone Australia’s Product Manager for Mobile Email Devices, Neil Aitken said, “The Palm Treo 500v allows users to experience a host of 3G services that entertain, inform and allow more effective communication. Through our high-speed network, customers can use their Palm Treo 500v for on-the-spot email, messaging and web access. This new Palm and Vodafone offering will appeal to the growing group of consumers looking to enjoy the independence and ease of use of having a world of experience at their fingertips.”
Plam says that with the Treo 500v smartphone, customers can also view documents using mobile versions of familiar Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, users can use the Treo 500v as a modem for a laptop, so that they can stay connected anywhere within wireless coverage.
Treo 500v Features and Benefits
- All-in-one smartphone with messaging, email and web capabilities
- Full QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing
- Access to Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo! and Gmail email
- Large, high-resolution screen
- Internet Explorer Mobile full-featured browser
- Vodafone live! for news, sports, and entertainment on the go
- 3G network capability
- Planner with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and more
- Ability to view and edit Microsoft Word and Excel files, and view PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files
- Windows Media Player Mobile for music and videos
- 2-megapixel camera for capturing photos and video
- 150MB of user-available memory, expandable with microSD expansion card (sold separately)
- Windows Mobile 6 Standard software
- Microsoft Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook email
- Bluetooth wireless technology
Data Bundles and Voice Plans
The Palm Treo 500v smartphone is available for $749 upfront or $0 on a range of 24-month contract plans from Vodafone. $0 contract plans include the $79 MyBusiness Cap, 24-month plan and Vodafone’s range of Business Cap 24-month plans.
For more information, visit http://store.vodafone.com.au