Philips’ Fidelio B5 soundbar with independent detachable speakers is launching in the Australian market.The B5 features a wireless subwoofer and main speaker bar, along with the detachable speakers, each of which can also be independently paired via Bluetooth, with Philips stating the B5 “delivers crystal clear sound performance for TV, movies, gaming and music”.
Regardless of where the speakers – which feature a five-hour music and 10-hour movie mode battery life – are placed in a room, an embedded calibration algorithm can be run to “ensure perfectly balanced surround sound”.
“The 3″ full-range driver and premium soft dome tweeters deliver balanced and dynamic sound, with an immersive surround sound experience provided by Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II technology,” Philips states.
“Proprietary wireless audio technology ensures there isn’t any risk of network interference between the wireless detachable speakers, no matter where you place them in or out of the room.”
The B5 will be available from Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, along with other retailers, carrying a price tag of $1,099.95 RRP.
– 4.1 channel wireless surround sound – Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS Digital Surround Sound
– 6.5″ wireless subwoofer, bass reflex system (loudspeaker enclosure)
– HDMI-in and HDMI-out Audio Return Channel
– EasyLink (HDMI-CEC)
– Bluetooth, aptX audio coding algorithm, AAC advanced audio coding for compatible devices
– NFC for compatible devices