Audio equipment manufacturer, Plantronics has further expanded its gaming headset portfolio, launching the new RIG 300 Series (A$59.95) and RIG 400 PRO HC (A$99.95), following its recent 216% local year-to-date growth.
In mid-July, Plantronics claimed year-to-date growth had more than doubled the broader gaming industry, which notched 114%.
Plantronics assert the results cement its position as Australia’s number one gaming headset manufacturer, featuring its RIG range.
The new RIG 300 Series and RIG 400 PRO HC incorporate “high sensitivity audio drivers”, coupled with a “lightweight design” for comfortable gaming.
The RIG 300 Series is compatible with Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Windows 10, and will be available from EB Games, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman mid-September.
The RIG 400 PRO HC supports Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and will land at EB Games and JB Hi-Fi on August 31st.
The new RIG 300 Series features ‘open earcups’ for “marathon gaming sessions”, which claim to keep gamers aware of their local surroundings.
- SoundGuard acoustic safety technology that protects gamers’ hearing against unexpected audio spikes and maximum DB levels.
- 40 mm drivers that deliver responsive bass for high-definition audio that amplifies every detail.
- Adjustable game volume and mute using inline controls.
Plantronics Director of Gaming APAC, Peter Petrides, affirms the RIG 300 instantly protects users against unexpected noise spikes, which may be harmful to ears.
“Plantronics is an active participant in acoustic health initiatives and it is great to introduce this technology to our new gaming headset, to protect the hearing of our next generation of gamers,” he adds.
The new RIG 400 PRO HC succeeds the former RIG 400, and is tailored to the competitive gamer, with a patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial for fingertip volume control.
- Dual-material ear cushions that block outside noise with moisture-wicking fabric to ensure gamers are as comfortable as possible during long battles.
- Dynamic 40 mm drivers with low frequency resonators.
- The ability to unlock three-dimensional sound with a prepaid Dolby Atmos for Headphones activation code*
*Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox One use only and is not included in HS model for PlayStation 4.
Further information will be available on Plantronics’ website here.