As tipped by SmartHouse Nikon has today launched a new lightweight 24.2mp D3200 DSLR entry level camera which is expected to sell for sub $1,000. The new camera will appear in retail stores shortly.
As tipped by SmartHouse Nikon has launched a new lightweight 24.2mp D3200 DSLR entry level camera which is expected to sell for sub $1,000. The new camera will appear in retail stores shortly.
The 455 gram D3200 comes with Wi Fi built in and has a brand new CMOS image sensor, 24.2-million pixels and the same EXPEED 3 image-processing engine built into Nikon’s flagship D4 and D800 camera.
It also comes in a knockout red as well as black. According to Nikon executives in Australia the new DSLR will not impact sales of their highly successful Nikon 1 which was launched late last year.
Superseding the D3100, the D3200 also has a wireless mobile adapter which allows images to be transferred to a smartphone or tablet in seconds.
The device can also act as a remote control for shooting with camera settings, shooting information and live view display appearing on the device’s screen (remote movie recording is not supported).
Primary features include:
· 24.2-million pixels
· A new DX-format CMOS image sensor and the EXPEED 3 image-processor
· Support for ISO sensitivities of 100-6400 (H1: 12,800)
· Wireless Connectivity (via WU-1a) – transfer your images to a Smartphone for instant sharing, or use your Smartphone to remotely control the camera
· Special noise-reduction processing designed especially for movies maintains crisp, clear outlines in movies recorded in low-light situations.
New options, including Capture reds in sunsets, take bright photos, take dark (low key) photos and reduce blur have been added to the advanced operation feature, allowing users to easily express creativity.
· With even more assist images now built into the D3200 and text explanations of scene details and how to adjust camera settings, users can preview
Picture-perfect results even before pressing the shutter release button.
· A large and clear 3-in., approx. 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle for live view shooting
· Equipped with Full (1080p) HD movies with full auto-focus and variable frame rates for superior picture quality
· In-camera viewing and editing of movies. The start and end point options for movie editing are displayed on the same menu screen, enabling simultaneous trimming of unnecessary portions at the beginning and end of movies. The results of editing can also be previewed before the edited movie is saved.
· Support for an eternal stereo microphone (ME-1) which enables recording of stereo sound with movies 3
Also announced today, the WU-1a, Wireless Mobile Adapter enables simple sharing of photos captured with the D3200 and remote control of the
D3200 via an Android Smartphone.
The WU-1a was developed to respond to the needs of users looking for an easy way to share high-resolution photos with other devices or people. This new photographic accessory enables collaboration with Smartphones and tablets.
By simply connecting the WU-1a to the D3200, images captured can be transferred to smart devices over a wireless connection, and the camera’s live view display can be shown in the smart device screen or remote control over shooting.
Initially, the WU-1a is compatible only with smart devices running the Android OS. However, additional support for Apple iOS is scheduled for release soon.