Samsung claims it has resolved the issues with its problem plagued Galaxy Fold and hinted it may release in the US by the end of the month.
In his first comments since the display debacle, CEO of the South Korean tech giant’s mobile business Koh Ding-jin has told The Korea Herald substances entering the device caused the defects, which included screen breakages, bulges and blinking.
In response, the company is strengthening the exposed areas on the folding phone’s hinge and minimising the gap between the display’s protective layer of film and its bezel.
Technology journalists reported problems with their review devices after just a day, causing Samsung to delay its previously planned April 26 launch date.
Earlier this week Samsung emailed US pre-order customers telling them their orders would be cancelled if they didn’t tell the company they wanted to remain on the list.
When asked about the possibility of the phone launching this month, Mr Koh said the company “will not be too late”.