Telstra has set out to help SMEs with a new phone coaching service aimed at business people who under utilise the different functions of their mobile phone.
“Customers will have their devices tailored to their individual needs and be shown how to be more efficient so they can operate their business better while on the move,” says Cathy Aston, Telstra Business Executive Director. “Business is increasingly turning to mobile technologies for email, internet browsing, video conferencing and business applications.”
Telstra is partnering with Mobile Mentor to deliver the service. The Telstra Mentor service will send an expert advisor to customers who will listen to what customers need and provide one-on-one assistance so users can better use these features.
The free ‘Telstra Mentor’ service will be initially available to customers in
Interesting Facts About Mobile Phone Use:
- 75 per cent of Australians in the workforce use their mobile phones for work.
- 61 per cent do not access internet services via their mobile phone.
- Men make more calls for business purposes, women use mobiles for social connectivity.
- 33 per cent of Australians say it would be difficult to do their job properly without their mobile.
- Over 50 per cent of Australians believe the mobile helps their work-life balance.
- Only 12 per cent of 14 to 17 year olds do not have a mobile. The lowest number of owners (74 per cent) is found among those aged over 60 years.
- There is a high awareness of 3G (86 per cent of males and 73 per cent of females). Those who use more of the functions of the newer handset and the 3G network, use it for email, information services, banking and music.