Palm has confirmed that its Centro smartphone will be available to Telstra customers. This ‘smallest and lightest’ Palm phone will be available on May 26 to Telstra pre-paid customers for $299.
Click to enlarge
Palm’s Senior Vice President of Marketing, Brodie Keast said, “Palm Centro is the perfect choice for those thinking about stepping up to a smartphone. The combination of keyboard, touch screen and Palm’s trademark ease of use makes Centro ideal for staying in touch.”
Telstra’s Executive Director of Consumer and Marketing, Tim Copper said, “Pre-Paid mobile phone users now have access to a number of features not available on standard mobile handsets with the addition of the Palm Centro to the Telstra Pre-Paid range. The Palm Centro will allow customers to stay on top of email and text messages, as well as access the Internet, manage appointments, view documents or make use of a multitude of other productivity-boosting and entertaining features.”
Click to enlarge
- Superior Phone – Centro’s touch screen and full keyboard, combined with the simplicity of Palm OS, make it easy to use, with key features such as one-touch speakerphone, conference calling, ignore a call with text messaging, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Easy Messaging – Centro’s full keyboard makes typing complete messages fast and easy when sending text, pictures, audio and video clips. Plus, Centro keeps all conversations in a chat-style view, just like Instant Messaging, so users can see the entire conversation unfold.
- Personal and Work Email – New users to the smartphone world now have an easy mobile email solution. Personal email, such as Gmail and Yahoo!, is simple to access right out of the box. And, if users have to check their work email, Microsoft Direct Push Technology gives users access to their corporate email, as well as the ability to automatically update work calendars and accept or decline meeting invites, all on the go.
- Mobile Web Browsing – Fast and easy web access. The full keyboard and touch screen provide quick access to online information. The built-in online maps application offers fast access to directions and local search, while the built-in BigPond link takes users directly to BigPond mobile content.
- Multimedia – Pocket Tunes on Centro lets users “sideload” songs and manage music easily. Users can also shoot pictures or videos with the built-in digital camera and share them with friends