Toshiba will roll out 16 business and consumer notebooks over the next 2 months incorporating the latest innovative design and technologies for stylish mobile computing experiences.
Click to enlarge
The features include faster clock speeds with Intel Core 2 Duo processors, HDMI-CEC support for audio visual integration, faster graphics and more security features, together with core technology features such as hard-drive and memory increases.
For the Consumer Satellite Series, the prices will range from $849 to $2799 for entry-level desktop replacements through to high-end notebooks. This includes the new Satellite L300, Satellite M300, Satellite A300, Satellite U400 and Satellite P300, and refreshed Satellite A200.
The consumer range will come with more lifestyle-focused notebook features, for example, a Sleep-and-Charge USB port to enable the charging of mobile devices such as MP3 players, mobile phones and PDAs when the notebook is hibernating or turned off and plugged into a power outlet. A webcam with facial recognition software is also included to provide users with a convenient way to gain secure notebook access based on a 3D recorded digital image of the user’s face.
The Satellite series will feature:
– Intel Core 2 Duo processor for faster processing power
– Harman/Kardon stereo speakers for rich sound quality
– A new range of ATI graphic cards for enhanced graphic capabilities
– A feather-touch, quick-launch multi-media pad for instant access to entertainment and
– Dual HDD for increased storage capacity and gaming power.