Vodafone’s new USB Internet Stick plugs into any Mac or PC for a broadband internet connection in seconds and has a MicroSD slot capable of holding a memory card of up to 4GB.
Click to enlarge
Helen Tuffy, Head of Consumer Data at Vodafone Australia, says the Vodafone Internet Stick is seen by the company an alternative to fixed-line ADSL.
“The Vodafone Internet Stick is a cost-effective broadband solution, giving Australians the freedom to ditch their landline and stay connected at home and on the move,” said Tuffy.
Vodafone Mobile Broadband plans start from $19.95 per month for 1GB, which is generally enough for downloading around 100 music tracks, streaming about 200 video clips and sending about 2,000 emails.
The device can operate to the 7.2MBps standard on Vodafone’s 3G broadband (HSPA) network, which is currently being upgraded to reach over 95 percent of the Australian population by Christmas 2008.
- Colour white or black
- Software Built-in for automatic ‘plug and play’ installation
- Memory MicroSD memory card slot for use as a flash memory drive (memory card not included)
- Weight < 40g
- Dimensions 75 mm (D) x 26 mm (W) x 12 mm (H)
- Speed up to 7.2MBps
- Network 3G Broadband (HSPA), EDGE and GPRS enabled
- Supports dual-band 3G UMTS 900/2100 MHz
- Supports quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz