Olympus has revealed the world’s thinnest and smallest interchangeable lens DSLR camera, the E-420. This camera comes with a Live View Function, Face Detect Technology, and 2.7-inch LCD monitor for improved shooting and picture playback.
Click to enlarge
Face Detect and Shadow Adjust Technology optimise exposure of human faces and the background simultaneously. The face detection function is capable of detecting up to eight different faces, assuring crystal clear portraits and group shots even against strong backlight. In keeping with its slim design, grip size has been minimized to fit more securely in the hand.
Combining the world’s thinnest, smallest body with outstanding picture quality, this camera makes it easy for anyone to enjoy the power of digital SLR performance and capture and preserve the activities and memories of everyday life.
To complement the E-420, Olympus has launched the Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm f2.8 ES-2528. The new ultra slim snapshot lens is optimised for the E-420’s slim design.
The E-420 also offers:
· Highly reliable Dust Reduction System
· Fast 3.5 frames-per-second sequential shooting
· Built-in flash with wireless flash control
· New 10 megapixel Live MOS Sensor and improved TruePic III image processing engine
· “Perfect Shot Preview” function to compare the results of various effects before actual shooting
· Super Control Panel with excellent visibility and operability