Rub your hands together folks, ’cause Xbox 360 will be on sale next week – well, some of it, at least.
The box proper will be unavailable until 12:01am (yes, at night) on March 23, but in the meantime launch titles such as Gotham Racing 3, Kameo: Elements of Power and Perfect Dark Zero will be available from March 2, for $100 apiece.
Itching for a wireless controller? You might want to pitch a tent outside Harvey’s on March 8 to avoid the queues and stampedes when they go on sale the next day.
Other Xbox 360 accessories include:
· 64MB Memory Unit ($50). Allows you to save your in-game achievements and unique gamer profiles to take everywhere you go.
· Play & Charge Kit ($35). Rechargees your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller while you play.
· 20GB Hard Drive ($170). Save games, store music, download new content, and play an array of original Xbox games.
· Wireless Networking Adapter (170). Connect your Xbox 360 wirelessly to Xbox Live.
· Xbox Live headset ($50). Chat with friends and strategise with teammates over Xbox Live.
· Universal Media Remote ($50). Ergonomic design with backlit buttons, universal TV remote and integrated Windows XP Media Center controls.
What you’re going to do with them for a fortnight without the console, we don’t know. SmartHouse is taking creating suggestions.
The Xbox 360 Core System ($500) includes the console, composite AV cable and wired controller.
The Xbox 360 will sell for $650 and includes the console, 20GB hard drive, media remote, wireless controller, component high-definition cable and Ethernet cable.