GoPro has rounded out its 2015 product line-up with its entry-level GoPro Hero+, set to be released globally next month.The Hero+, which is equipped with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, joins the base model Hero as the entry-level offerings among GoPro’s camera line-up, and will land in the Australian market sporting a price tag of $299.99.
The waterproof and mountable Hero+ captures 1080p 60 and 720p 60 fps video and 8 MP single, time-lapse and burst photos.
“Whether mounted to a weather balloon floating 100,000 feet above the earth to capture a sunrise across the stratosphere or in the hands of a child recording their backyard tree house adventures, Hero+ is built to
capture your imagination wherever it takes you,” Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO, commented of the company’s new offering.
“Even as we continue to raise the bar for our highest performing cameras like Hero4 Black, Silver and Session, we remain committed to developing simplified products like Hero+ that make GoPro life-capture accessible to everyone.”
GoPro has additionally advised that its Hero4 Session will now be priced at $449.95.
Hero+ key features:
– 1080p 60 and 720p 60 fps video
– 8 MP photos with single, time-lapse and five photos-per-second burst modes
– Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, connect to GoPro App and Smart Remote
– Rugged, durable and waterproof to 40 m
– Integrated camera and housing design
– QuikCapture enables power-up and recording start with the press of a single button
– HiLight Tag lets users mark key moments while recording
– SuperView, capturing “the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view”
– Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance
– Built-in microphone
– Wearable and mountable, compatible with GoPro mounts and accessories
The Hero+ will be available globally from October 4.