Belkin has sought to bridge the gap between Apple and Android, by launching its new ‘Universal Cable’ (A$39.95), with interchangeable connectors for Micro-USB, USB-C and Lightning.
The accessory pledges to tidy a user’s desk-space, by combining several cables in one.
As its name suggests, the ‘Universal Cable’ is an “all-in-one” solution for a person’s charging needs, irrespective of manufacturer.
For Apple loyalists with an Android curiosity, the cable is also Made for iPhone and Made for iPad certified.
The product – which is likely to be a hit with proactive Uber drivers – enables users to charge their iPhone, Nintendo Switch, Huawei and more with just one cable.
Courtesy of a connecting hook (keeping each adaptor connected to the main cord), the Universal Cable is suitable for storing in a handbag or purse, without bulky cords or missing parts.
Specifications below, with further information available on Belkin’s website below.
- 4-ft long cable
- TPE cable jacket, TPE strain reliefs, PC enclosures and TPE tethering leash
- USB 2.0 specifications that is capable of delivering up to 480 Mbps for syncing purposes with a laptop
- Tethered Micro-USB to USB-C adapter and a tethered Micro-USB to LTG adapter
- 2-year limited warranty
- 4-ft Micro-USB to USB-A cable
- Attached Micro-USB to USB-C Adapter
- Attached Micro-USB to Lightning Adapter