Product Safety Australia has issued a recall on a series of batteries believed responsible for burning down a woman’s house in Sydney’s inner-west earlier this year.

The eZee Battery 36V 19Ah LG MG1 is a removable, vertical lithium battery that may overheat during charging and catch fire.

The recall affects the battery packs labelled with the serial number LG MG1 D36200336 and not the batteries with serial numbers bearing Sony, Panasonic, BMZ or Sanyo.

Photograph eZee Battery Serial Number 1 E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire

The battery serial number refers to the cells used in the battery pack, and currently only those with the LG serial numbers are subject to recall.

The batteries were sold from April 2016 – mid 2018.

Those with an affected battery pack are advised to return the battery to its distributor Glow Worm Bicycles for a replacement.

Glow Worm registered the recall and told the Sydney Morning Herald they have already located and recalled around half.

recall 1 E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire

Jabra 728x90 B E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire
BEL1987 728x90 E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire
MSI JB 728x90 E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire
Jabra 728x90 A E Bike Batteries Recalled After House Fire