SanDisk has launched a new flash-based portable media player (PMP), called the Sansa View, which the company says combines a vast array of features and generous capacity, at an affordable price.
Click to enlarge
In addition to this, the Sansa View will also have photo display, FM radio, and audio book capabilities, with an option to increase memory (up to 8GB) by adding a microSD or microSDHC card.
SanDisk Vice President of Marketing – Sansa AV Product line, Eric Bone said, “The Sansa View is a new video MP3 player that combines all of the great characteristics of an MP3 player with the video capabilities of a PMP, and packs it into a pocketable device. What’s more, we’re once again showing that category-leading technology can still be very affordable.”
Product details are as follows:
– Supports MP3, protected and unprotected WMA, WAV, and DRM-free MP3 downloads
– Gapless playback for smoother music transition
– Digital FM radio with 20 pre-sets
– Audible audiobook support
– Video compatibility with MPEG4, WMV, H.264
– Sansa Media Converter supports a large number of video formats that includes DivX
– Smooth video playback at 30 frames per second (fps)
– Photo JPEG viewing capabilities
– Slim, thin and lightweight design for easy portability – 8.8mm at the slimmest part
– 2.4″ TFT colour screen with 320×240 resolution
– Battery life: 35 hours for audio and 7 hours for video
– Voice recorder with built-in microphone
– MicroSD/SDHC expansion slot for additional memory capacity
Pricing and Availability
The Sansa View will be available in Australia starting this November and will have an RRP of $299 for the 8GB model and $379 for the 16GB model.