Heralded a leader in home networking solutions, Linksys has unveiled its first “true gaming router”, claimed to offer 77% less peak ping times and significantly reduced lag.
Linksys collaborated with Rivet Networks to launch its new WRT32X gaming router, which features a “Killer Prioritisation Engine (KPE)” as the device’s “secret ingredient”.
Courtesy of the new engine, the company claims the WRT32X is the only router optimised for high-speed gaming with Killer-enabled gaming PCs.
KPE optimises traffic for “low latency and less lag” which ensures gaming, audio and video on Killer-enabled PCs is “fast and smooth”. The technology simultaneously manages overall online traffic within a household, to ensure performance on other devices is not compromised.
Linksys claims it “custom-built” the WRT32X’s firmware and graphical user interface (GUI) “from the ground up”.
Global Product Manager at Linksys, Vince La Duca, believes the gaming market presents a strong commercial opportunity:
“Serious gamers are spending money on game play and expect to have technology that provides significant advantages to beat their opponents”
“The Linksys WRT32X provides advantages that no other routers have – and that is the Killer Prioritisation Engine. The router, when paired with a Killer-enabled PC – from makers such as Alienware®, Gigabyte®, MSI®, or Razer® and others, provides a powerful end-to-end connection to prioritise gaming traffic to reduce peak ping times up to 77%*, providing a real advantage for faster kills over opponents that use regular “so-called” gaming routers”.
Newszoo’s latest research has forecast that the global gaming market will generate revenues of $109 billion this year – 27% will be derived from PC Gamers and 31% from Console Gamers.
Rivet Networks’ VP of Marketing and Business Development, Bob Grim, believes the new WRT32X router is a revolutionary innovation for the consumer gaming market:
“For the first time, Gamers will have a router that is designed specifically to work with their Killer-enabled PCs to identify and prioritize important gaming network traffic and ensure their online gaming experience is fast and smooth no matter what else is going on in their home network”
“Integrating Killer Networking technology to the WRT32X is a huge win for gamers”.
Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router Features:
- Wi-Fi router built purely for gaming identifies, prioritises gaming network above all else to give users an edge
- Synchronisation with Killer-enabled PCs gives gaming traffic a priority on wired and Wi-Fi connections
- Prioritisation engine powered by Killer Networking delivers up to 77% reduction* in peak ping for faster response time
- Blazing fast 1.8GHz Dual-Core processor for simultaneous high-speed data processing
- Custom-built gaming user interface and firmware specially tuned for online gaming traffic
- Exclusive optimisation for Killer Networking gaming clients found in computers from Alienware, Gigabyte, MSI, Razer and more
Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router Specifications:
- Wi-Fi Technology: AC3200 MU-MIMO
- Network Standards: 802.11a/g, 802.11n, 802.11ac
- Wi-Fi Speed: AC3200 (N600 + AC2600) ‡
- Wi-Fi Bands: 2.4 and 5 GHz (simultaneous dual-band)
- DFS certified for operation in the clear DFS channel airspace
- 5-port Pro-grade Gigabit Ethernet ports: 1x Gigabit WAN port, 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Other: One(1) USB 3.0 port, One(1) Combo eSATA/USB 2.0 port, Power
- Antennas: 4x external, dual-band, detachable antennas
- Processor: 1.8 GHz dual-core
- Memory: 512MB DDR3 RAM / 256MB Flash
- Wireless Encryption: WPA2 Personal
- VPN Support: PPTP IPSec pass‐through
- Storage File System Support: FAT, NTFS, and HFS+
- Browser-based Setup and custom graphical user interface
- Open Source ready for OpenWrt
Linksys new WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router will be available from Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi from the 27th October 2017 for an RRP of $449.95.