Free TV said that viewer numbers have increased last month as more Australians stay at home to watch television.
In the last four weeks, Free TV’s average audience has increased 3.3 percent in metro areas and increased 4 percent across regional markets.
Of particular note was the 4.9 percent increase in viewing seen in the 25-39 demographic.
People are turning to feel-good television in their millions with programs such as Masterchef, Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation, The Zoo, Thank God You’re Here, the State of Origin and Random Acts of Kindness attracting record audiences.
Across the period, an average of more than 13.1 million Australians tuned in to Free TV each and every day.
The top ten shows for last month were the following:
- STATE OF ORIGIN – 1ST MATCH (3,441,000)
- SEVEN NEWS – SUN (2,441,000)
- STATE OF ORIGIN – PRE MATCH (2,366,000)
- SEVEN NEWS (2,238,000)
- MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA – CHALLENGE (2,230,000)
- NINE NEWS SUNDAY (2,191,000)
- TALKIN’ ‘BOUT YOUR GENERATION (2,187,000)
- THE ZOO (2,146,000)
- STATE OF ORIGIN – POST MATCH (2,141,000)
- NCIS – EP1 (2,126,000)