Sony has launched the a200, an entry-level digital single reflex camera (D-SLR) that offers a 10.2 mega pixel CCD, Bionz image processing engine, and offers and ISO sensitivity of up to 3200.
Click to enlarge
The a200 has a built-in Super Steady Shot image stabilisation, offers features such as D-Range Optimiser, anti-dust protection system, high precision centre-cross 9-point autofocus sensor, and a long battery life up to 750 shots on a single charge.
The company claims that the a200 features a 10.2 mega-pixel APS-C size (23.6mm x 15.8mm) CCD sensor and Bionz image processing engine that ‘pushes the performance of the a lenses to the limits and delivers images that are rich in detail, contrast and colour.’
Sony also says that with the Creative Style function, users will be able to select from eight different pre-set finish modes – Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Night View, Sunset, Black and Wite and Adobe RGB – to customise the contrast, saturation and sharpness of the image and to suit the scene and user’s intention. This D-SLR camera also has a 2.7-inch Clear Photo Plus LCD display that features a high 230,000 pixel resolution.
Other features include:
- Built-in flash pops up and fires automatically when needed (in AUTO or scene selection mode).
- Camera Function Display with frequently used menu list can be called up by pressing the Function button.
- Continuous shooting at 3 fps can record JPEG images in Fine mode until the card is full.(4)
- More precise exposure control is available with 3 metering modes: Multi-segment (40-segment honeycomb), Centre-weighted and Spot
- Bright and easy-to-view Optical Viewfinder offers 95% coverage and 0.83x magnification.
- Scene Selection offers the best shooting setup for specific types of scenes.
- Quality picture viewing on a full high definition TV
- Easy-to-use software including:
– Image Data Converter SR
– Image Data Lightbox SR
– Picture Motion Browser